Expired Drivers License with Maiden Name

by Jessica Rodriguez
(Pittsburg ca 94565)

My 14 yr old daughter needs a passport. Her Father will be taking her to the post office, and I will sign the consent through notary due to me not being able to attend in person. The problem I have is my drivers license is expired with an issue date of 2005 with my maiden name. I went to DMV and got a Ca Identification issued with a print out, but it will not arrive until 3 weeks.My daughter will be leaving in January. What are my options

Comments for Expired Drivers License with Maiden Name

Click here to add your own comments

Nov 15, 2015
Options for Expired ID
by: Jan

This is a great question and it happens frequently that the name on the document does not match an ID that was issued in a person's maiden name.

To meet the time deadline for your daughter's travel, you can use 2 credible witnesses, who will basically function as your ID. They must both have valid ID, per the Secretary of State of CA guidelines, and their function is to swear that you are who you say you are, and that you don't have the ability to produce the required ID at this time.

You and your credible witnesses must appear before a notary public at the same time.

Good luck, and safe travels to your daughter!

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Notary Question.