Notarial Statement Requirements

by Corinne Poirier
(Carmichael, CA)

Hello I am typing up a letter authorizing my son to travel out of country with his father ( my husband). We will probably bring it you to be notarized next week. What should your signature part say/look like?


Corinne Poirier

Comments for Notarial Statement Requirements

Click here to add your own comments

Jun 26, 2017

by: Jan

Thanks for your question! If you already have created the document you need to have notarized, you will need to decide which type of notarial act you want performed:

1) Jurat-you are swearing that everything in the document is true/correct to the best of your knowledge.
2) Acknowledgment-you are acknowledging it is your signature on the document and you are the person authorized to do whatever the document describes.

As a notary public, we cannot tell you or advise you which of the notarial acts to choose-only the originator of the document may select the type of notarization required.

Once you have determined whether you need a jurat or an acknowledgment, we have the required working for both, and can easily attach it to your document when you come in.

See you soon!

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Notary Question.